The ancient Bheem Shankar Jyotirling at Bhimtal About a mile from Shuklacharya’s Retreat
Aum Namaha Shivai
There are 12 Jyotirlings of Shiva across the length and breadth of India.
While Shivling represents pure consciousness, Shiva’s jyotirlings are beleieved to be self manifest zones of very high level of divine consciousness.
The 12 Jyotirlings are as written on epithet in compound of Somnath jyotirling, by Govt. of India agency which restored the temple in 1949′
- Somnath in Saurashtra Gujarat.
- Mallikarjuna in Shrisailam Andhra Pradesh / Telengana
- Mahakaaleshwara in Ujjain Madhya Pradesh
- Omkareshwara & Mamleshwara in Omkareshwara, Madhya Pradesh.
- Kedarnath in Uttarakhand.
- Dakini Bhimshankar. There are three places, one near Pune, one in Assam and one in Bhimtal of Nainital district Uttarakhand.
- Vishwanath in Kashi, Varanasi Uttar Pradesh
- Triyambeskshwara on Gautami Gange near Nasik Maharashtra
- Baidyanath in Debghar. Two places one is Maharashtra and one in Bihar
- Nageshwara in Daruk forest. Two places, one near Dwarka in Gujarat and one in Jageshwara Uttarakhand.
- Rameshwara in Setubandh , Tamil Nadu
- Ghushmeshwara / Ghrishneshawara near Aurangabad Maharashtra